Subaru Australia is delighted to reveal the indicative specification and open the order books for the highly anticipated inaugural all-electric Subaru SUV, the all-new Solterra.
After extending an exclusive pre-order invitation to customers that registered their interest, the order books will open to all Australian consumers from Wednesday 8th November.
Subaru Australia’s Managing Director, Blair Read, said: “We are delighted to extend the opportunity to all Australian motorists to reserve their order in the first allocation of our first all-electric Subaru SUV.”
Solterra heralds a new chapter for Subaru, while preserving the brand’s distinctive DNA and encapsulating all the qualities that have earned Subaru its esteemed reputation over the decades; from its poised control in diverse conditions with Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, all-terrain prowess with dual function X-Mode and an impressive 210mm1of ground clearance, intelligent safety features, and an innate spirit destined for exploration.
The Manufacturer’s List Price, inclusive of 5 Year Service Plan, 5 Year Roadside Assistance, carpet mats, cargo tray and a 2kW AC charging cable with 8 Amp wall plug, for the Solterra AWD is $77,9901, and the Solterra AWD Touring is priced at $83,6901.
Equipped with dual electric motors strategically positioned at the front and rear, alongside a cutting-edge 71.4kW lithium-ion battery, Solterra delivers a maximum power output of 160kW and 337Nm of torque and has a WLTP test range of 414km3.
Charging the Subaru Solterra is simple with both AC and DC charging capability. Charging from 20-to-80 per cent via a 150kW DC charger takes approximately 30 minutes, whereas via a single phase 7kW AC charger, 20-to-80 per cent takes approximately seven to eight hours4.
Combing state-of-the-art technology, aerodynamic futuristic design, and Subaru’s renowned reliability and handling dynamics, the Solterra delivers on Subaru’s proud history of engineering vehicles that deliver confidence, safety and peace of mind for their drivers.
The Solterra SUV not only marks the debut of a Subaru battery electric vehicle (BEV) in Australia but also represents the beginning of increased diversification in the Subaru mode line-up that will include additional Hybrid and BEV models in the future.
Limited volume remains available for pre-order in the initial Australian allocation. To place a pre-order, from Wednesday 8th November, customers are invited to visit www.subaru.com.au/solterra to pre-order online or contact their local Subaru Retailer.
SUABRU SOLTERRA INDICATIVE SPECIFICATION5 :
Specification and features listed in this release are indicative only and subject to change. Final Australian specification will be confirmed before the end of the year.
BATTERY AND ELECTRIC MOTOR
- Lithium-ion battery
- Capacity: 71.4kWh
- Max power: 160kW
- Max torque: 337Nm
- Electric WLTP test range: 414km3
- Onboard Charger: 7kW single phase
- Approximately thirty minutes rapid charge from 20-80% capacity via a 150kW DC charger4.
- Approximately seven to eight hours from 20-80% capacity via single phase 7kW AC charger4.
INTELLIGENT DRIVING DYNAMICS
- Subaru Symmetrical All Wheel Drive mounted to the all-new e-Subaru Global Platform
- S Pedal Drive
- Dual Mode X Mode including new Grip Control Function
- 210mm of ground clearance1
Key features by model grade
Solterra AWD includes:
- 12.3” high-definition central touchscreen
- 7” digital instrumentation
SEATING & STEERING WHEEL
- Powered seat with electric lumbar support – driver
- Heated seats – front and rear outboard
- Heated steering wheel
- 18” alloy wheels with wheel caps
- Subaru Safety Sense featuring:
- Adaptive High-Beam System
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Emergency Driving Stop System
- Emergency Steering Assist
- Lane Departure Alert
- Lane Tracing Assist
- Low-Speed Acceleration Suppression
- Pre-Collision System
- Road Sign Assist
- Vision Assist featuring:
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)
- Panoramic 360 Degree View Monitor
- Parking Support Brake
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Driver Monitor6 featuring:
- Distraction warning
- Drowsiness warning
OTHER KEY FEATURES
- Powered tailgate
- LED headlights and fog lights
- Digital rear view mirror
Solterra AWD Touring adds:
- 10 Harmon Kardon® speakers, subwoofer, and amplifier7
- Wireless Qi charger8
SEATING & STEERING WHEEL
- Synthetic leather seat trim
- Powered seat and door mirror memory setting – driver
- Powered seat – front passenger
- 20” alloy wheels
- Vision Assist:
- Intelligent Park Assist
OTHER KEY FEATURES
- Two tone paint options available for an additional $1,2009 (on selected colours)
- Panoramic glass roof
ALL-NEW SUBARU SOLTERRA MANUFACTURER’S LIST PRICE2
|Solterra AWD Touring||$83,690|
To support customers with their ownership journey of an electric Subaru, the following charging bundles are available for purchase via the Authorised Subaru Retail Network and when buying online at subaru.com.au.
EV Charger + Install
Ocular LTE Plus – Single Phase
- EV Charger Standard Install – Single Phase
- Ocular LTE Plus Wallbox Single-Phase (7kW) Tethered Type 2 with 6 metre cable
$2,250 RRP (including GST and standard installation).
EV Charger + Install
Ocular LTE Plus – Three Phase
- EV Charger Install – 3 Phase
- Ocular LTE Plus Wallbox Three-Phase (22kW) Tethered Type 2 6M cable
$2,645 RRP (including GST and standard installation).
WARRANTY: Five-year/unlimited kilometres, 60 months/75,000km Capped Price Servicing Program, five-year Roadside Assistance Program.
BATTERY WARRANTY: The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty period on batteries (12 Volt) is 2 years. The Subaru New Vehicle Warranty period on high-voltage batteries for Subaru Battery Electric vehicles is 8 years/160,000 kilometres, whichever comes first. After this warranty period, any required battery replacement will be a chargeable item.
1. Ground clearance at kerb weight.
2. Prices are Subaru (Aust) Pty Ltd’s Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges. For the drive-away price of Subaru vehicles, consumers should be advised to contact their local authorised Subaru dealer.
3. Figure based on WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure) static laboratory combined average city and highway cycle test, which measure, energy consumption, range and emissions in passenger vehicles, figures stated for the purposes of comparison amongst vehicles tested to the same technical procedures only. Actual real world range results will vary depending on a combination of factors including but not limited to load, driving style, type of journey, vehicle configuration, battery age and condition, use of vehicle features (such as heating and air conditioning), as well as operating, environmental and climate conditions.
4. Charging times will vary depending on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the output of the charger being used, starting battery charge, charging equipment, ambient temperature, battery state as well as the age of the battery at point of use. As a result of these factors, charging times may therefore vary significantly.
5. Specification indicative only and subject to change.
6. Driver Monitoring System performance and capability dependent on environmental and technical conditions. Refer to Owner’s Manual for full details.
7. Harman Kardon® is a registered trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated.
8. Compatible Qi enabled, and compliant device required.
9. Two tone paint available at an additional cost of $1,200.