Fleet EV News has partnered with ANC to encourage organisations to tell the world how many electric vehicles they are planning to add to their fleets. There’s so much work being done by Fleet Managers on plans to transition their fleets, and this campaign provides a platform for leaders in fleet management to get the recognition from customers, peers and other stakeholders.
The ‘Take the Pledge‘ campaign was launched on World EV Day (9th September) though it’s more than one day a year. It’s been devised by Mo Abbas, Group Executive Strategy and Marketing at ANC, who has a passion for decarbonising transport and has instigated many electric vehicle projects with the support of their customers.
Abbas is calling on the transport industry (last mile delivery companies and Fleet Managers in other industries) to tell the world about their plans to adopt electric vehicles into their fleet, and bring like minded organisations together.
“We can’t transform last mile delivery on our own. So we’re inviting our industry peers, retailers and anyone with any commercial fleet to join us in making EV conversion commitments of their own. Together, we can make a real difference,” Abbas.
One of ANC’s customers that is committed to decarbonising their delivery fleet is IKEA. They have been leaders in innovation with a trial of the first electric Tuk Tuks in Sydney.
Alexandra Kelly, Zero Emissions Delivery Lead explained to Fleet EV News that they have a goal that 100% of deliveries will be made by electric vehicles by 2025.
“As the first home furnishing retailer in Australia to implement electric vehicles for home deliveries and assembly services, IKEA believes a zero emissions future is not only the responsible thing to do, but also makes good business sense,” says Kelly.
“By 2025, IKEA is aiming for 100% of transport for customer deliveries and services to use electric vehicles (EV) or other zero-emission solutions. We’ve been proudly working on this journey with ANC since they deployed their first EV in 2019.”
“IKEA is working closely with the EV industry as a member of the Electric Vehicle Council, road logistics industry, broader business community, the Federal Government and other stakeholders to come up with solutions and ideas to overcome challenges in the electrification of road transport.”
Here’s why your organisation should consider Taking the Pledge:
- Leadership in Sustainability: We believe it is our obligation to lead the transition towards a more sustainable last mile. By participating in this campaign, you will not only reduce your carbon footprint but also demonstrate your tangible commitment to a cleaner, more environmentally responsible future.
- Exclusive Early Access: We are offering you the chance to participate before the campaign goes live. This exclusive opportunity allows you to take the lead in adopting environmentally friendly practices within your fleet.
- Partnerships for a Common Goal: Our campaign is supported by various partners who share our end goal – a more sustainable and eco-friendly future. By taking the pledge, you become a part of a collective effort that transcends individual organizations.
- Ambitious Commitment: ANC is dedicated to converting 100 fleet vehicles to battery electric vehicles by 2025. By joining us, you align your organization with a tangible commitment towards a cleaner future.
- Legacy for Future Generations: The most compelling incentive for anyone converting their fleet is the knowledge that they are contributing to the well- being of both Australia INC. and the generations that will inherit our planet, there is no planet B, It’s simply an investment in a sustainable legacy.
- Significant Impact: Through the “Take the Pledge” Campaign, we aspire to convert over 500 national fleet vehicles to battery electric vehicles by 2025. This collective effort is estimated to have a profound carbon impact of 30 million kilograms over the next five years.
- User-Friendly Platform: To facilitate your participation, we’ve created a bespoke microsite where you can easily take the pledge. It also features a dynamic leaderboard, displaying the total number of battery electric vehicles pledged by December 31, 2025.
- Perfect Timing: There has never been a better time to get involved to make a difference. The global call for sustainability has never been louder, particularly initiatives that enable a movement backed by tangible outcomes and together, we can answer that call.